This filter kit includes a 5" premium tube, 2 endcaps, 4 filter cups and 4 springs.
This shorty tube is popular for pistols and small caliber rifles. It also fits nicely in your pocket or range bag. Here’s some details on each part:
- Tube: 5 inch Black anodized tube made from 6061-T6 Aluminum with 2.5mm thick sidewalls to withstand heavy stress. T6 heat treatment The tube OD is 43mm, ID is 38mm.
- Attachment cap: with 13/16" center hole. 18mm (3/4”) super-thick aluminum. 6061-T6 anodized black. Takes any 13/16 fitting, fast attach, flash hider, or concussion forwarder, as long as they are 13/16" by 16 tpi (threads per inch). This is a common size of many fittings on the market. This cap screws 1/2" into the tube for a very secure grip. Adds ¼” to tube length Our fittings & fast attaches fit nicely into this attachment cap.
- Solid End Cap: with center divot. 18mm (3/4”) super-thick aluminum. 6061-T6 anodized black. Center divot will assist when drilling the end cap for a drain fitting. Cap screws ½” into tube for excellent hold under pressure.
- 4 Cups: One stainless-steel filter cup and 3 black aluminum filter cups each have a centered mini-hole for drainage thru the filter screen. The stainless-steel cup is cold stamped from a 2mm thick sheet by a 30-ton press with template. This ensures an accurate cup. It goes closest to the barrel. The black aluminum cups are 3mm thick sidewalls and 7mm thick bottom. Each cup stacks firmly inside the next cup. Both the stainless-steel cup and the black aluminum cups slide perfectly into the tube.
- Fitting: includes one black steel fitting of your choice. Choose from 1/2"x28, 9/16"x28 or 5/8"x24. Just select your size during checkout.
- Springs: 4 high-tensile steel springs with corrosion resistant coating. This is the exact number needed for a tight internal stack. The compressed springs make a coil of steel inside the aluminum tube for just the correct headspace for your cleaning rod, fluid expansion & gas expansion.
- Printed Instructions: for step by step assembly are included with your order. Suggested drill bit sizes for adding a drain are included too.
- USPS Priority Mail shipping with tracking number, arrives in 2-3 days. Shipping cost is not included in the price of the kit (sorry). We hand pack your order and ship ASAP. You get a tracking number directly to your email, so you know exactly when your order will arrive.