This filter kit includes a 5" premium tube, 2 endcaps, 1 steel fitting 9/16 x 28, 1 S.S filter cup & 4 springs. Black alum cups not included but can be purchased separately. This filter kit is popular for small to medium caliber pistols & rifles. It’s easy to fit this size into your range bag or in your jacket pocket. We use this size at turkey shoots to keep our shots on the bullseye.
Here’s some details on each part:
- Tube: 5 inch Black anodized tube made from 6061-T6 Aluminum with 2.5mm thick sidewalls to withstand heavy stress. T6 level heat treatment. The tube OD is 43mm, ID is 38mm.
- Attachment cap: with 13/16" center hole. 18mm (3/4”) super-thick aluminum. 6061-T6 anodized black. Takes any 13/16 fitting, fast attach, flash hider, or concussion forwarder, as long as they are 13/16" by 16 tpi (threads per inch). This is a common size of many fittings on the market. This cap screws 1/2" into the tube for a very secure grip & Adds ¼” to tube length. Our fittings & fast attach fit nicely into this attachment cap.
- Solid End Cap: with center divot. 18mm (3/4”) super-thick aluminum. 6061-T6 anodized black. Center divot will assist when drilling the end cap for a drain fitting. Cap screws ½” into tube for excellent hold under pressure. Adds ¼” to tube length.
- Stainless-steel filter cup with a centered mini-hole for drainage thru the filter screen. The stainless-steel cup is cold stamped from a 2mm thick sheet by a 30-ton press with template. This ensures an accurate cup. It goes closest to the barrel. This cup slides perfectly into the tube. Some folks add more of these for a full SS stack, and we gottem on sale too!
- Steel Fitting: includes one 9/16"x28 black steel fitting. This is steel, not aluminum in this critical connection. Other size fittings are sold separately and change out easily.
- Steel Springs: 4 high-tensile steel springs with corrosion resistant coating. The compressed springs make a coil of steel inside the aluminum tube to make headspace for your cleaning rod, fluid expansion & gas expansion.
- Printed Instructions: for step by step assembly are included with your order. Suggested drill bit sizes for adding a drain are included too.
- USPS Priority Mail shipping with tracking number your order arrives in 2-3 days. Shipping cost is not included in the price of the kit (sorry). We hand pack your order and ship ASAP. You get a tracking number directly to your email.