This filter kit includes a 7" premium tube, 2 endcaps, 5 filter cups (4 black/1 SS) and 6 springs.
This filter kit is popular for small to medium caliber pistols & rifles. Not too short and not too long, many folks like this size for being on the move in woods or brush. It’s easy to fit this size into your range bag. Here’s some details on each part:
- Tube: 7 inch Black anodized tube made from 6061-T6 Aluminum with 2.5mm thick sidewalls to withstand heavy stress. T6 level heat treatment. The tube OD is 43mm, ID is 38mm.
- Attachment cap: with 13/16" center hole. 18mm (3/4”) super-thick aluminum. 6061-T6 anodized black. Takes any 13/16 fitting, fast attach, flash hider, or concussion forwarder, as long as they are 13/16" by 16 tpi (threads per inch). This is a common size of many fittings on the market. This cap screws 1/2" into the tube for a very secure grip. Our fittings & fast attaches fit nicely into this attachment cap. Adds ¼” to tube length.
- Solid End Cap: with center divot. 18mm (3/4”) super-thick aluminum. 6061-T6 anodized black. Center divot will assist when drilling the end cap for a drain fitting. Cap screws ½” into tube for excellent hold under pressure. Adds ¼” to tube length.
- 5 Cups: One stainless-steel filter cup and 4 black aluminum filter cups each have a centered mini-hole for drainage thru the filter screen. The stainless-steel cup is cold stamped from a 2mm thick sheet by a 30-ton press with template. This ensures an accurate cup. It goes closest to the barrel. The black aluminum cups are 3mm thick sidewalls and 7mm thick bottom. Each cup stacks firmly inside the next cup. Both the stainless-steel cup and the black aluminum cups slide perfectly into the tube. NO SANDING OF CUPS IS NEEDED.
- Fitting: includes one black steel fitting of your choice. Choose from 1/2"x28, 9/16"x28 or 5/8"x24. Just select your size during checkout.
- Springs: 6 high-tensile steel springs with corrosion resistant coating. This is the exact number needed for a tight internal stack. The compressed springs make a coil of steel inside the aluminum tube for just the correct headspace for your cleaning rod, fluid expansion & gas expansion.
- Printed Instructions: for step by step assembly are included with your order. Suggested drill bit sizes for adding a drain are included too.
- USPS Priority Mail shipping with tracking number is $7.35 and you get your order in 2-3 days (instead of a week by first class mail). Shipping cost is not included in the price of the kit (sorry). We hand pack your order and ship ASAP. You get a tracking number directly to your email, so you know exactly when you order will arrive.