This filter kit includes a 7" premium tube, 2 endcaps, 1 steel fitting, 1 S. Steel cup & 6 springs. Black alum cups not included but can be purchased separately. This filter kit is popular for small to medium caliber pistols & rifles. Not too short and not too long, many folks like this size for being on the move in woods or brush. It’s easy to fit this size into your range bag. Here’s some details on each part:
- Tube: 7 inch Black anodized tube made from 6061-T6 Aluminum with 2.5mm thick sidewalls to withstand heavy stress. T6 level heat treatment. The tube OD is 43mm, ID is 38mm.
- Attachment cap: with 13/16" center hole. 18mm (3/4”) super-thick aluminum. 6061-T6 anodized black. Takes any 13/16 fitting, fast attach, flash hider, or concussion forwarder, as long as they are 13/16" by 16 tpi (threads per inch). This is a common size of many fittings on the market. This cap screws 1/2" into the tube for a very secure grip & Adds ¼” to tube length. Our fittings & fast attach fit nicely into this attachment cap.
- Solid End Cap: with center divot. 18mm (3/4”) super-thick aluminum. 6061-T6 anodized black. Center divot will assist when drilling the end cap for a drain fitting. Cap screws ½” into tube for excellent hold under pressure. Adds ¼” to tube length. Extra end caps are 50% off also.
- Stainless-steel filter cup with a centered mini-hole for drainage thru the filter screen. The stainless-steel cup is cold stamped from a 2mm thick sheet by a 30-ton press with template. This ensures an accurate cup. It goes closest to the barrel. This cup slides perfectly into the tube. Some folks add 6 or 7 more of these for a full SS stack.
- Steel Fitting: includes one black steel fitting 1/2 x 28" (fits AR15 in 223,556, etc). Our other size fittings are sold separately and will change out easily.
- Steel Springs: 6 high-tensile steel springs with corrosion resistant coating. The compressed springs make a coil of steel inside the aluminum tube to make headspace for your cleaning rod, fluid expansion & gas expansion.
- Printed Instructions: for step by step assembly are included with your order. Suggested drill bit sizes for adding a drain are included too.
- USPS Priority Mail shipping with tracking number, your order arrives in 2-3 days. Shipping cost is not included in the price of the kit (sorry). We hand pack your order and ship ASAP. You get a tracking number directly to your email.
- This is an excellent addition to your firearm maintenance kit.